Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lukewarm

I think that my bathroom sink took Jesus' warning to the Church in Laodicea seriously.

Do you remember the old-fashioned two faucet sinks where hot water came out one tap and cold water out another? That's how most sinks here in UK are . . . or work. My bathroom sink is a one-faucet sink, but it doesn't work like American sinks. Trying to mix the hot and cold to get a nice lukewarm to wash my hands with is a losing proposition. The water literally comes out cold on the left side and hot on the right - no mixing.

The bad thing is no pleasantly lukewarm water for my hands.

The good thing is that every time I go to wash my hands I'm reminded that I'm not to be lukewarm - I'm to be either hot or cold.

I choose hot.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Try not to scald yourself!