Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yorkshire: Bluebells

God is so good!  As we packed up to head north, we were just missing peak bluebell season in Southern England - and I had really hoped to see them this year since I missed them last year to attend my sister's wedding.  Now, I wouldn't have missed the wedding for the world, but I like flowers so I was really hoping to get my chance this year, so I was a bit sad at the prospect of missing them yet again.  But, He led us straight to them - loads of them in fact - at Hardcastle Crags on our way home.

They are super tiny and only show in in photographs when grouped en masse. 

Okay, so there are no bluebells in this picture, but I liked the water tripping over the rocks.  Plus, the rushing water added ambiance to the woodland experience.  I'm trying to recreate it for you.

Another swath of bluebells.  Can you see how tiny each one is?

Against a log.  Believe it or not, the camera was straight, I'm just on a pretty steep incline.

Meadow of bluebells with a stone fence in the foreground.  So quaint.

 
Up close.  Thank you Mr. Bee for not stinging me.

No comments: