Saturday, May 29, 2010

How Quickly We Forget

I've only been home a few days, but here are the things about America that I had already forgotten - or a new habit had replaced.

1. Steering wheels are on the right side of the car. I've now tried to get into the passenger seat on the wrong side 4 times. But yesterday afternoon I finally got it right . . . YES!

2. Light switches are inside smaller rooms, like closets and restrooms. And you switch them up for on and down for off. Basically my electrical world has been turned up-side-down.

3. Drive-thru windows are SO convenient.

4. Tax is not included in the price that you see. I kind of miss that one - less mental math involved :)

5. Ceiling fans may be one of the all-time best inventions the history of mankind. That may be a slight overstatement, but I still think they are pretty spectacular.

I'll keep you posted on future developments.

2 comments:

BeckyR said...

So glad you made it! How's the dress? :-o

Nathan said...

In Houston for a wedding. I can sympathize with the tax! I had to buy clothes yesterday... I cringed every time I had miscalculated the tax!!