Although I don't take advantage of it very often (in fact, only twice since I've been here), it is rather nice to be located so close to the London West End. For a special treat a few of us went to see the musical Oliver. Since it closed on 8 January I was under a bit of a time pressure to make sure that I got to see it. We went the weekend before Thanksgiving and it was great fun.
We went in to town early so that we would have time to stop by Harrods. It was a complete zoo with all of the shoppers getting ready for Christmas. Now that I've been, I don't have to go again! Once was enough for me.
The theatre was located next to the Muffin Man's house. Not really, but it was on Drury Lane!
The Theatre Royal. We had to climb and climb to reach our seats, but it was well worth it. The production was superb! I especially enjoyed the set. It was amazing how they could turn it from a posh London square, to a run-down alley, to a subterranean shack under the streets of town. Quite cool! And in the chase scenes the buildings moved so that it looked like they were frantically running through the city.
After the matinee it was already completely dark! But while we were in town we strolled along the river. Here's a night picture of the London Eye, Big Ben, and Parliament in the background.


No comments:
Post a Comment