This morning I had the privilege of attending the Community Good Friday service in the Quadrant - part of the town center. There was quite a gathering. The service included hymns, responsive prayers, and a short Easter message. I've never been to anything quite like it. Many people who were on their weekly shop stopped to see what was going on. I hope that seeds were planted as they paused to listen.
The good news is - I knew one of the songs! Finally, an Easter song that is familiar. You have no idea how big a deal that is.
One of the most difficult things for me about living outside of the US is that even the familiar traditional things are not familiar or traditional. Sometimes it's fun to experience the newness. And sometimes it's just exhausting and sad. It is always exciting when the familiar is familiar, so thank you Stuart Townend for writing a song that crossed oceans.
Hope you had a good Good Friday!
Oh, and did I mention that it SNOWED today? Ahhhhhhhh!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment