Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Puddle

Since The Puddle has gotten quite a bit of blog-time, I thought it was time to finally introduce you. These photos were taken on Easter Sunday around 10:15 am on the way to church. The downpour was about 7:30 am. This puddle likes to hang around.

Meet "The Puddle." Please note that I have not exaggerated when I said it is enormous. It goes all the way across the street!! I've estimated it can get as deep as 10 inches on the near side. It has never really seemed prudent to actually measure though - due to the passing cars and all.

The nice van. Notice the minimal splash action (that still comes over onto the sidewalk - which by the way is called pavement here). This vehicle also took the middle of the road to avoid the worst of the puddle. Thank you.

The not as nice SUV-type vehicle. Notice the serious splash as well as the depth of the water on that front tire, ahem, tyre. He got some serious height! Although, I only rate it a 6. I've seen cars splash over 7 feet high - no kidding - and been completely drenched afterwards. There's a wooden board fence on the left side of the pavement. So it's kind of like when Opryland used to exist and you would get stuck on the Grizzly River Rampage underneath the waterfall, with way nastier water, when a serious splasher comes through. I normally try to time it right and run really fast during the time between cars.
But you know, you win some, you lose some.

1 comment:

Todd said...

What you ought to do is wait for another unsuspecting pedestrian to come down the "pavement" and walk next to them, using them as a shield between you and the road. That's what Jesus would do, right?