Maybe it doesn't count, but it was my first attempt and I was proud. Plus, I made the recipe up!
Parmesan Ranch Fried Chicken Strips:
492 grams chicken mini-fillets (that's approx 1 pound of chicken tenderloins)
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning mix (from America . . . ah, bliss)
60 grams grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup? maybe?)
1 box dry bread crumbs (probably 1 cup or maybe 1 1/2)
Buttermilk (for dredging - Americans may need to mix with beaten egg white to get the right consistency - this stuff is thick - it doesn't even pour, it plops)
Vegetable Oil to cover bottom of skillet
Soak chicken in buttermilk. Prepare crumb coating by mixing dry ingredients in a shallow bowl. Heat oil in skillet. Coat chicken with crumbs, firmly pressing mixture into chicken. Fry chicken in batches until golden brown on each side and cooked through. Serve with Hidden Valley (I'm a ranch snob) Ranch Dressing if you live in America, or pretend if you don't (or make it!).
Yummy!
P.S. This recipe tastes best if you haven't had fried chicken in at least a year and deprive yourself of Ranch flavor for at least 6 months before attempting.
P.P.S. Did you know that here, fillet is pronounced fil-it, not fil-a? Another random tidbit to expand your British horizons!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
so...here's a funny story, i just bought a cookbook last week because i saw this recipe and thought it looked yummy :) fun times! what can i say...great minds think alike! (and so do great taste buds!
And here I thought I had a moment of brilliance! So maybe my next recipe will be totally original . . . still trying!
That sounds so amazingly delicious, Momma O :)
ok...so maybe you are brilliant! the only thing really thats the same is the ranch :)
Post a Comment