Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lavender Fields

After work today some of the ladies and I went to a Lavender Field - we just learned about it yesterday and they are planning to harvest it beginning on Sunday, so it was now or never. It was absolutely gorgeous! And so fragrant. After we wandered around a bit and took loads of pictures, we stopped at their farmer's market-esque lavender shop and I indulged in lavender shortbread. It was quite tasty!

A field of purple - it was so pretty. Its simplicity was half its charm.

The bees were buzzing everywhere. You could constantly hear them humming - it was like a song. The different varieties hum at slightly different tones. God is so creative!

This was one big fat bumble bee - if you look really carefully you can see the "whirring" of his wings.

I don't think it gets any more English than lavender. I love how each picture shows a different purple depending on the sunlight at that particular moment.

1 comment:

Kt said...

beautiful! I can almost smell it!